Commnunity Enterprises Develpment Organisation is an agro-enterprise development organisation that seeks to develop the production and marketing capacity of the local communities.
To improve agricultural production, food security and incomes of farmers and vulnerable groups in south western Uganda through capacity building, improved access to credit, appropriate agricultural technologies, value addition and collective marketing.
We exist to serve the interests of all our clients/beneficiaries
We are advocates of participatory development
We foster team work, we believe in l mutual knowledge, mutual trust, mutual respect and mutual help.
A community where the poor and marginalized are empowered to overcome poverty.
To increase the institutional capacity of farmer groups in the project area so that they can operate an effective marketing system and further diversify their enterprises for the benefit of the members
To strengthen the productive and marketing capacity of individuals and groups engaged in the formal and informal co-operative sectors
1. Capacity building within HIV/AIDS affected farming communities in Masaka and Rakai districts
2. An asset-based approach for assessing the impact of value chain approches on rural poverty
3. Improving incomes of HIV & AIDS affected farming communities in seven subcounties of Rakai, Lyantonde, and Masaka through commercial bean seed Production, Processing and Marketing
5. Household Empowerment Project in Rakai Project
6. Bean Utilisation Project
7. Promoting the right to food among people living with HIV & AIDS in Lwengo and Masaka Districts
8. Promoting Gender Equality among People Living with HIV & AIDS for sustainable food security
9. Support on use of small packs for smallholder farmers
11. Improved production and Market Access of Bean Seeds through Collective Farming Activities
12. Commodity Production and Marketing Activity
Organise farmer groups and create awareness about contract farming.
Facilitate the production process by providing extension service, training in collective production and marketing.View More
"I get quality bean seed from CEDO, grow and CEDO buys my produce. I thank CEDO for the opportunity given to me to operate as a Village Enterprise Agent in my area."
"We have worked with CEDO as an implementing partner in various projects and they are such a resilient partner. Keep it up CEDO."
"CEDO has given me hope now. Am 20 years of age, I have a son and a daughter, I dropped out of school when I gave birth to my first boy. Last year CEDO enrolled me into one of it's programs in which they support young mothers to have a sustainable life through agriculture."
Farmer groups supported
Partners worked with
For more enquiries and discussions.
Kalisizo, Kyotera district, Uganda
P.O BOX 246, Kyotera